Monday, July 4, 2011

The great American experiment

Follow Glenn on Facebook Follow Glenn on Twitter
 
July 04, 2011
 
A day to remember...

Hello America,
 
It's been a crazy couple of weeks, filled with endings and beginnings. I ended my show on cable news and I have launched a new digital network – GBTV. I have been traveling the country and the globe in support of Israel and planning my upcoming event there, Restoring Courage. My team and I have launched new websites, books and businesses. I haven't stopped, I haven't had the chance. Until today.
 
Today is an important day in our country's history – probably the most important. But what lessons can we take away from the 4th of July? Like so many national holidays, we barely have a moment to think about what the day really means. Sure, it's the day we declared our independence from Britain – but it's much more than that. It was the beginning of the great American experiment.
 
When those 56 men gathered to declare our Independence on July 4th, 1776 they weren't just saying no to British rule – they were saying no to all rulers. They were declaring the beginning of the great American experiment, which sought to answer the question "Can man rule himself?"
 
 
Even with all the hardships and troubles facing America, I still believe the answer is "YES"! And I say that as emphatically and enthusiastically as I possibly can. Man CAN rule himself – and we are going to prove it together!
 
If you're reading this then you probably know a lot about what I am working on – but ultimately my goal is to prove that we have not failed in the goals set forth by our Founders so many years ago on July 4th. Everything I've been working on has been done with the intention on giving you the tools, the history, and the information you need to be self-reliant. 
 
Last Thursday, GBTV subscribers got to see me announce the latest piece, a non-profit initiative that I am calling "Mercury One." It will focus on putting Americans like you into action – helping one another without government interference or tax dollar support. Together we will fix America – one town, one person, one entrepreneur at a time. 
 
This Fourth of July – remember the importance of what our Founders started all those years ago. Remember the great American experiment!
 
Laos Deo,

Copyright & Trademark Notice   Privacy Policy   Terms of Use   Unsubscribe

Glenn Beck Program | 1270 Avenue of the Americas | New York, NY 10020

Glenn Beck - Premiere Radio Networks - All Rights Reserved 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment